Cartesian Solutions, Inc.™ provides consultations to primary stakeholders in the health care industry.
- Purchasers of care (businesses and government agencies),
- Health care fund distributors; payors (health plans and government agencies), and
- Those who provide health care services; accountable provider systems (hospitals, clinics, and other health settings; health care professionals).
Participation by these three stakeholders in the ultimate delivery of services to patients overlap. The type of insurance products purchasers buy influences how health resources are distributed to providers by payors. For what and how payors reimburse providers influences the type of care that is available to patients. In essence, a change in business practices by one stakeholder has a direct effect on the other two (and on what patients experience in access and care).
Cartesian Solutions, Inc.™ has expertise in and purposely works with this broad set of clients so that regardless which category the client represents it is possible for Cartesian Solutions, Inc.™ to provide a full picture of what is possible, given constraints present related to impediments by the other two stakeholders. When needed, Cartesian Solutions, Inc.™ recommendations attempt to invoke collaboration among stakeholders in solving often common issues of concern. Alternatively, they include strategies for change that take into account obstructions resulting from other stakeholder business practices.
Client-specific Service and Product consultations often address the following issues:
- Businesses—employee access to medical and behavioral health services in medical settings that stabilizes health, reduces health-related expenditures, and returns them to productivity in the workplace; integrated case management for employees with high-cost, treatment resistant problems. [MORE]
- Government Agencies—reformulated models of care and payment designed to improve health and cost outcomes for vulnerable, high-need populations; adult and/or pediatric integrated case management for the most complex. [MORE]
- Health Plans—medical and behavioral health payment and support approaches that foster delivery of behavioral health care in medical settings, where their most costly comorbid members seek treatment; integrated case management for super-utilizers. [MORE]
- Accountable Provider Systems—innovative and cost-saving restructuring so that value-based behavioral health care can be delivered in inpatient, outpatient, emergency department, and post-acute medical settings; systemwide integrated case management for patients with health complexity. [MORE]